Coffee Flavored Cake
And its Garlic Buns……yet another baking dish on the blog which I believe is the best among all the baking recipes that has been shared till now.
Blog post had been pending from a long time as there were other baking activities which kept me busy …..but I always missed the blogging part. And as of now I have decided to share atleast one recipe post in a week ….am keeping my fingers crossed
As far as the recipe goes its very simple and and ingredients which are used are easily available at home.
GARLIC BUNS :
APF : 1 1/2 cups
Warm water : 1 cups
Yeast : 1tbsp
Oil : 1 tbsp
For the spread :
Butter : 2 tbsp + Chopped garlic : 1 tbsp + coriander leaves & salt to taste.
1. Mix the flour, yeast, water, salt and sugar and make a dough.
2. Let it rest for approx 40-45 mins / till the time it comes to double the size.
3. Take the dough, roll it with the help of some dry flour and spread the butter-garlic spread & roll it.
4. Cut it into the desired shape and place them into your baking dish, do not forget to grease your baking tin.
5. Once placed in your baking tin, brush them with a bit of milk and let them rest for 15 mins.
6. Bake them at 180 Deegrees for 30 mins or till the top turns golden brown in color.
HAPPY BAKING !!!
Raw mangoes are used in to many dishes as raw mango curry, chaats, salads, aam panna but they are best used in pickles. Raw mango pickles are preserved through out the year & relished !!!!
Being born and brought up in Gujarat, I have seen my Grand mom and Mom super excited during this season, as they store their kitchen cabinets with all spices and pickles. Most of the pickles that gujarati’s make is Chundo, Godkeri, Khaati keri/ Raw mango pickle and many more ……out of all these my favourite is raw mango pickle, tried making this pickle for tthe first time and it came out just perfect !!!
It is very much necessary to follow the process, as a smallest mistake may lead to a complete failure in the making. As it is preserved for the whole year it has to be sun dried properly to make sure that the water content thats present dries completely. After drying its mixing with pickle masala and oil which is again very important.
So here’s the step by step guide to the “Raw Mango Pickle”
1. Wash and peel the mangoes, chop them in desired shape and put in some turmeric + salt and leave it for 6-8 hours.
2. After 6-8 hours the chopped mangoes will leave some water as salt is added to it, strain the water part by keeping the mangoes in the sieve as shown in the picture.
3. Most important step that needs utmost attention is now drying the mangoes in the sun for 2-3 days, as the moisture goes off by drying them completely.
4. Once they are dried in sun fill them in a jar & sprinkle some pickle powder over it and mix it properly.
5. Heat oil in a pan & cool it completely, pour it over mango pieces and cover the bottle jar and keep it aside for 4-5 days & delicious lip smacking mango pickle is ready !!!
Coffee Flavored Cake
A real treat for my own self to celebrate almost 1500+ views on my blog. Initially I kept on observing the number of times my blog was viewed ……And now that it has been so many times I am all inspired to write more & share about Gujju recipes on the blog. Bloghop is now on my mind and here’s the 21st post and that too the sweetest among all the ones I have posted till now…….
~ 1 cup basmati rice
~ 1 cup jaggery -chopped
~ 2 cups of water + few strands of saffron
~ 2 big spoons of ghee
~ cinnamon sticks & cloves
~ 1/2 cup fried cashews
1. Soak rice in water for almost 1 hour.
2. Take ghee in pressure cooker add Cinnamon sticks + Cloves to the ghee and fry it for a minute.
3. Add rice, water and jaggery & mix it properly.
4. Cook it for about 10 minutes and let the cooker stand till the time it cools down.
5. Serve it hot with ghee and shallow fried/roasted cashews.
Moong Dal Kachori is crunchy snack with spicy filling that has a good shelf life, too many pre-preparations but all worth as soon as the first bite of the same goes into your mouth.
Mishti Doi is a sweet and scrumptious Bengali recipe.
A sweet/dessert which is prepared by using milk and caramelized sugar, super quick and easy to prepare …..and as its on pepperica it has to be something fuss free too
- 1/2 liter milk
- 3 tbs sugar
-2 tbs curd
- Some roasted flakes of pistachio
1. Boil milk for 10- 15 mins and let it cool for around half an hours time.
2. Take a pan & caramelize sugar till it changes its color to brown & pour it into the milk .
3. Add curd to the milk and churn the milk with hand blender and set it into the choice of your glass.
4. Curd will set in 5-6 hours time.
5. Once done, garnish it with some roasted pistachio’s & relish your Misthi Doi!!!!
Last time I visited to Jayanagar Market (9th Block), I could not make my up mind as what I should go and pick up for the next weeks stock in the refrigerator….what a sight ….all greens around and I just kept filling my bag like never before!!!
Along with the other stuff that I got was raw plantains by keeping in mind that I would try some chips at home and finally what I ended up cooking was this super delicious Kebabs!!!
- 3-4 Raw Bananas
-1-2 small potatoes ( optional)
- 2tbs chilli-ginger paste
3-4 tbs fresh coriander leave ( finely chopped)
2 tbs garam masala powder
1 tbs chilli powder
1 tbs coriander powder
1-2 lime juice &
salt to taste
1. Boil raw banana and cool them for some time & peel + mash them.
2. Add chilli ginger paste along with all other dry masala mentioned in the ingredients part.
3. Give them either oval or round shape as per your choice & deep fry/ bake them in the microwave till golden brown.
4. Serve them with your choice chutneys!!
Avocado is one of the very rarely used fruit which has oodles of health benefits. Merits of having the same is, it contains antioxidants & rich is proteins and fiber.
Personally I am very found of having Avocado but for breakfast they seem especially hearty and satisfying. We can use it as a spread over the bread or in any form into the salads or with combination in any sorts of pudding.
2 tbs sugar
1 glass of milk
4-5 cubes of Ice
Blend all the Ingredients in the mixi & pour it into your favourite glass. Serve it chilled